Bren, YPY Yogi and mom to 8-year-old Zach, who is diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, has spent countless hours researching, talking to doctors and experts, and tracking down all kinds of help – from medical help to alternative therapies and activities like yoga as well as nutritional options to help her non-verbal son. What Bren has gathered and learned will be presented in the upcoming ASD* U (Autism Spectrum Disorder University) Workshop for Caregivers of Children of all ages living with autism.
Caregivers Will Find:
• “What works for my family” tips and life hacks to make day-to-day ASD easier to navigate
• Local resources for learning, fun, and life-skills assistance
• Simple, calming yoga movements (no yoga experience needed!) along with breathing exercises presented by Denise Springer, owner You Power Yoga and certified yoga instructor
• Nutritional hints, recipes, and swaps
• Essential oil information
• Real life “next right thing” tips to apply right away
Workshop Fees & Details
• This unique, entry-level ASD* U Workshop is limited to the first 15 registered attendees.
• Early Bird Registration, available through October 15, 2017, is $29.
• October 15 – November 4, cost is $49.
• On November 5, if space is available, cost is $59.
• A select number of scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis.
In the current environment of unease and uncertainty, meditation can be a source of support and refuge. This four-week series will teach you how to use meditation to improve concentration and relaxation.
- How to focus on breath and body mindfulness and awareness.
- To allow the mind to rest in the present moment.
- A loving kindness meditation – an ancient practice to awaken and sustain good intentions for oneself and others.
Instructor Miki (Arpita) Brown has been practicing meditation daily since 1983. She has found meditation to be invaluable in working with the changes and stresses life brings. For the past 15 years, Miki has had the blessing of the teachers’ community at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, located in Woodacre, CA, to teach meditation classes and lead meditation groups and day-long and weekend retreats.